22 October 2011

NazoDi, Kaseifu, HUNTER #1

Decided to watch three doramas for fall 2011 :P 
Unless it's a dorama with actors that ARE good at acting, I'm picking doramas based on the plot & HD space lol.

I'm watching...
  1. Nazotoki wa Dinner no Ato de [the dorama that got me all worked up because it's Sho's dorama & not Ohno's dorama this season lol]
  2. Kaseifu no Mita
  3. HUNTER ~Sono Onnatachi, Shoukin Kasegi~ 

Ratings :
FTV Tues 9pm    || NazoDi #1 [18.1%]
NTV Wed 10pm || Kaseifu #1 [19.5%]
FTV Tues 10pm  || HUNTER #1 [9.8%]

My Ratings : NazoDi 3.5/5 || Kaseifu 5/5 || Hunter 3.5/5

I watched all exactly in this order. Man..the quality! The quality of their acting is really obvious! 

NazoDi is a detective dorama where the butler is more detective-like compared to his master (an heiress who happened to work as a police detective)... and his master's partner/or superior? (who also happened to be a billionaire who chose to work as a public servant). I've never been a fan of Sho's acting abilities (It's me nit-picking I guess.. I find him always smiling and his understanding of his character seem lacking). I wasn't much impressed by Kitagawa either after watching Mop Girl. I thought she would have at least improved a bit (Mop Girl was from 2007) but judging from the first episode, it doesn't seem like she did. If any, I thought it got worst than before. For now, JUST A PRETTY FACE. Her fanboys may say otherwise but then that will just put them on the same level with Sho's fangirls :P. To be honest, I think Sho's performance is better. But that may be because he doesn't have to smile a lot (it's a bit like his character in YamaTaro). Shiina Kippei is a good actor (love his expressions) but his character is kind of annoying XD. Somewhat he reminded me of TRICK's Yabe (but Shiina wasn't as expressive as Namase Katsuhisa). I do still look forward to Episode 2 (butler doramas get my attention since I saw Mei-chan lol~). My favourite character is Sho's Kageyama because he gets to call his master stupid XD. I think it started from the moment he was in the box near the vegetable market, unable to move from his spot to stalk his master XD. *I'm sounding more like a Sho fangirl lol*

NazoDi seems comedy-like. There were scenes laid out in a comic strip style. But it's somewhat dark too (not in a Maou way). If they intend it to work like a dark comedy or something, it's not working for me. (OR is it supposed to be a satire type dorama???).

Fresh from watching NazoDi, I moved on to Kaseifu. GOSH THE DIFFERENCE... The kids alone are better actors/actresses compared to Kitagawa. *oh the horror* Among these three doramas, I look forward most to watching Kaseifu's future episodes. It was a promising 1st episode. In a way, I felt somewhat enlightened. Haven't watch Matsushima-san's recent doramas... so it's been a while since I saw her acting. I've always love watching her because she can play many kinds of roles. Here she plays a housekeeper who just started working with the disorganized Asuda family. Her character is a mysterious one. She's an excellent worker but she's always expressionless, unaffected and speaks in a monotone way. The scene where she bought little Kii to the river was... wow... it shows how she really takes her job seriously. Like VERY seriously. I laughed at the part where she hosed the family's nosy neighbour down. Was she really just doing her job (to avoid the fire spreading to the neighbour's house)? Or was she doing some kind of revenge in defence for the family she's working with? MYSTERIOUS. & the father. I bet the father had an affair (which is why the mother committed suicide?) Anyways, Aibu Saki is in this too, playing the aunt role (from the mother's side of family) & thank god she isn't the lead. The kids' acting were natural which makes it a pleasant watch.

HUNTER. I don't know yet what to feel about this dorama. It's the first time I see Yonekura Ryoko acting (saw a bit Okusama wa Majo on TV but not long enough to leave me any impression on her acting). It's good, very expressive :). Kiritani Mirei is in this too. Her character is the cutesy type (which annoys me at time but no doubt will make her fanboys happy :P) but she's the kind who have a pretty face and is a better (but not necessarily good) actress than Kitagawa. I like the side characters too... good actresses. Toda Keiko looks youngish in her character, to the point where I wasn't sure it was her at first. And there's also... Tanihara Shosuke! I like watching him in Mop Girl. His character in HUNTER have the same vibe with his character in Mop Girl (didn't watch his doramas much though) minus the Romeo part :P.