28 June 2012

Kagi no Kakatta Heya #11 [Final]

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Kagi_no_Kakatta_Heya

Rating (Kanto): 17.5% || Average (Kanto/official): 16.0%
My Rating: 5/5 stars

Hints: Crack in the head, Enomoto with a smirk, small sparkling things falling (diamonds), robot, a roundish thing hits Junko's box, a silhouette of upper part of a person & a pair of eyes (from ep10?) with captions "M.S.A.S" and "Idintity"[=identity?], ⑥ and ⑨ touches each other; Ⓞ appears & hits ⑨ moves away, airplane & spectacles (Enomoto's?)
[the hints are pretty mixed up*]

I can't stop smiling after watching the ending.

Oh Enomoto, you... you good-for-nothing!

You stole my heart!!! XD

Since ep 1, to be honest, I was really just admiring this Enomoto character (not in love whatsover)... then that ending changed everything. Who would have thought... this dark/black** Enomoto can be so alluring???  Hmmm... I guess... maybe I was expecting a more sad (maybe pitiful) way of revealing his past to the audience..  but they didn't choose that way (actually I'm kind of glad)... I'm actually very satisfied with the ending of this dorama by letting us see this side of Enomoto... With this knowledge about him, re-watching this dorama from ep1 now gives me a new (& more fun ) way to look at Enomoto.

Ah..if there they plan making a sequel... I just hope I'll be seeing this kind of Enomoto though (without delving too much into his "hobby" :D - like one comment I read, as grey as the novel Enomoto - maybe just enough to tease the audience..)... and it doesn't hurt if there are more scenes of him teasing Junko XD... He can still be mysterious (seriously... like how did he ended up like that? Was he caught before? Juvenile record present? there are plenty of mysterious sides to Enomoto yet to be discovered)... but fans might have to be patient because Kishi-sensei haven't done more stories on Enomoto... (& I really hope they'll stay true to his works rather than making original ones)... hmmm... that means movies and/or dorama SP are more probable to happen than Season 2... (except if they make it like Mikeneko's two episodes per case...)...

Favourite/Must-see scenes:
- Satou meeting Enomoto & Junko. That conversation between Satou & Enomoto.   "You're also the type of person on this side, aren't you?" (This referring to the thing Enomoto said in ep10? ..they are just staff, people usually forgets their presence). Also that unnatural silence Junko saw between them.
- Team Enomoto brainstorming session...! Junko looks so excited huh XD ... She was so cute when she kept asking Serizawa "What do you mean?
And I'm never tired of that unlocking gesture (in fact I might start pick it up for use when thinking deeply about something XD)... I read somewhere that the unlocking gesture was Ohno's own idea (which just makes me like it even more!).. I somewhat wish Serizawa had done it too XD
- Junko meeting Hisanaga-san
- Serizawa meeting Kouno
- I read that the second half of the novel shifted its perspective to the culprit's... so it's not really a surprise that there are many scenes of Satou... (I'm glad they chose Tamaki Hiroshi; he's another favourite villain besides ep6's Onizuka)
- Serizawa's smug face during his lighbulb moment
- Serizawa & Junko after Enomoto gave his approval to Serizawa's idea
- Serizawa's wrong deduction XD... Was thinking "EH, since when did Serizawa become so smart like Enomoto..??" & then I went... "KYAAAAA....SO embarassing!!!!!!!!!" Poor Serizawa.. he looks traumatised after that XD 
- Scene where Enomoto finally figured out the solution.. & Serizawa's reaction to his "I'll explain tomorrow."...  I noticed that there are many scenes that similar to the ones in ep 1... natsukashii~
- Junko (& Serizawa) waiting for Enomoto's call...
- ... Enomoto is unreachable... Finally showing his true colours...???
- Enomoto meeting Satou... The scene that made up of almost 20 pages in the script. I'm curious of what Satou found out on Enomoto... sth that could invoke revenge (Maou?????)????

[might be inaccurate at some parts... ]
Satou Manabu: I've looked into things about you. You should understand my feelings, right? (before this he was talking about how he wished to be on the other side of the glass window as he noticed about the diamonds, I think)
Enomoto: ...
SM: ...
E: So, have you break through the glass? [=successful in going to the other side?] (Enomoto's voice here sounded different. Satou got it right then?)
E: Completed your revenge... Took those diamonds... are you finally freed? [from your revenge?]... Personally, I don't think you are. (Voice still different)
SM: In what way then you see it as?
E: You seem to be surrounded by glass walls from all directions.
SM: ...*sighing* *teary-eyed?* *such an intense scene!*
E: I don't want to remain trapped in a glass case. Even if I can't make it to the opposite side, I want to live freely.

- Junko & Serizawa reached Enomoto's workplace... empty... Enomoto's lock collections are also gone... [KYAA~~~ they used "YOU" here!!! This song always makes my heart go dokidoki :P]
- The ending!!!!!!!!!! I like you, Enomoto. I really like you now. XD
Starting from that call to Junko....

Junko: Hello?
Enomoto: Sorry for not contacting you earlier.
J: What's the matter? I'm SO worried about you!
Serizawa: Enomoto? Is that Enomoto?
E: I'm kinda busy with something else...
S: Where are you now, Enomoto??
E: At the airport.
J: Airport? Are you going on a travel?
E: Yes. I received some extra money...
J: Extra money?
Serizawa took Junko's phone away.
S: Hello? Enomoto, I have something I want to ask you.
E: What is it?
S: There were diamonds worth 600mil hidden at Shiina Akira's room.. some of them which was worth 100mil were fakes (it was written "white silicones")... Oi.. did you..
E: What are you talking about? Wasn't it because someone had deceived the president?
Junko retrieved her phone.
J: Where are you going?
E: I wonder [where]...
J: When are you going to return?
E: I wonder [when]...
J/S: ....
E: It's time. I have to go.
J: Ah... wa...wa.. wait!
E: Bye. 
S: What did he say?
J: "I wonder..."...
S: Hah?
[Enomoto's "I wonder..." was translated as "I don't know" in chinese. I just took liberty using that because it sounded like he has already decided but doesn't really want to tell Junko what he's up to... XD]

...you can't make sequel(s) from that ending? HAH!  They'll find a way  - even if it's almost illogical - they WILL find a way to continue from that!!! ... but honestly.. I can already imagine it.. try it!

Enomoto VS Satou
Just realised that time Enomoto looked at him in ep10. He didn't know him... he has always been that way, right? Like when he looked at the real culprit in ep3 and 4... he's just good at noticing someone who looks fishy..

....& it was long, but I really like that long conversation they had near the end. So... not fellow *cough*thieves*cough*, but fellow victims of other people's betrayal??? Another mysterious side of Enomoto! 

Team Enomoto, Enomoto & Junko...?
Hmmm. I think everything's going to be fine if they ever make sequel(s). Serizawa might just like... turn on a blind eye on Enomoto's "hobby" (I like to call it hobby at this moment thank you :D)..  And of course I'm also rooting for love to blossom between Enomoto & Junko, but this ending doesn't disappoint me... & that wasn't really the main point to watch anyway... :P

Oh... I've read that there were supposed to be parts where Junko confront Enomoto about being thief or something...??? (supposedly said by the producer)... I won't be much surprised if they keep that (and their love story *never stop hoping!*) for future sequels *smirk*

Another interesting thing I found out (via 2ch), the time setting for ep10-11 coincided with ep9's... could be a mistake (& maybe... this was because ep9 was added in the last minute???).... or hint for sequel?? (Yes. I want a sequel if possible.. I want to see more Enomoto now that I like him.... :D) 
*might edit this review (on this time thing) later after I rewatch the three last episodes*

Ambiguous ending: What is Enomoto up to...?
Escape? Travel? Looking for new locks...? Solving locked room cases elsewhere? Ah... it could be anything! If this isn't something that hints at sequels... then I don't know what will convince those who don't believe. XD  But it looks like a "safe" ending to me... they can continue from that if they want too... if not, it's fine too!

I personally like to think that he'll be opening a lock shop on his own, just like the novel Enomoto... About those diamonds... maybe it's him, maybe it's not him... (ah.. but that smirk can only mean one thing...*in love*)... the more important thing is, can the police even prove it's him???


*The opening hints are mixed up with what Enomoto is up to in the end... (Could that eyes & spectacles meant the person who own them is keeping watch/stalking...???)... M.S.A.S should be referring to the culprit's initials (Manabu Satou & Akira Shiina)...
Even to the end, Kagi team's efforts are top-notch... I'm really glad that Ohno got the chance to work with this team for his first getsu9 dorama. :'D
**they called that last scene of Enomoto as the "dark" or "black" version of Enomoto on 2ch  XD


[you can totally skip this part XD]
My undiscovered side... 
For a person who isn't interested in bad boys (& fictional characters that are bad boys), I'm very surprised with myself... I'm actually enjoying the dorama purely because of the locked room cases, other than admiration, I was mostly neutral towards Enomoto... than that ending happened & I just had to declare my love for Enomoto XD.. I think it has something to do with him smiling (even if it's more of a smirk)... 


=====================
edit on 02-July-2012

Haven't finished rewatching XD.. ah but I just realised something.. I was wondering what Enomoto said about "Dead Combo"...  

By the way, the title for the second half of the novel (haven't attempted reading it though) is 死のコンビネーション (Shi no Combination)... originally I would have translated it as "The Combination of Death" without knowing the context used XD

Anyway.. did some googling...& found out that it's a term used in Billiards...
dead
When two or more object balls are frozen or nearly frozen, such that cue-ball contact with one object ball, without the necessity of great accuracy, will almost certainly pocket an intended object ball in the cluster. The most common form of dead arrangements are the dead combination or dead combo (a combination shot in which contact with the first object ball will pocket another one), and the dead kiss, in which contact with the first object ball will pocket it off of another one. -- source
I've actually seen some habits/hobbies of Enomoto mentioned by those who read the novel on 2ch.. If I remember correctly, playing billiards was one of them... which makes sense that he used this term.. (this just makes me want Enomoto be more like the novel version in future sequels...)