18 April 2012

Kagi no Kakatta Heya #1


Rating (Kanto): 18.3%
My Rating: 4.5/5 stars (0.5 extra for Sato-san's character :D)

Hints: Syringe & fly


I wouldn't miss watching this (obviously :D)... this is my first new Ohno dorama after I became a fan in 2010! I was really excited when I read about his dorama rumours two months ago... when it was confirmed, it felt like that 2 years of waiting was worth it. Getsu9 slot & a Sherlock character - I'm one happy fan! :D

Actually after reading his character's description, I straightaway thought of Galileo's Yukawa-sensei. They are not interested with who is the criminal.. both characters only want to prove that something is doable - Yukawa uses science to explain those seem-unsolvable cases while Enomoto uses his knowledge on security systems.

I love characters like these. XD


Well... I had to admit though (it's only been the first episode after all :P).. I'm not in  love with Enomoto yet XD... so far, I only admire him.. heck..I always admire people like him - there's something attractive about people who hacks into things like him XD ... Enomoto really made a great entrance! He managed to unlock an accidentally locked strongroom that can only be opened three days later (it was Friday) in only 17 minutes (he even said "It took longer than I thought")..  

For this dorama, I do not have to worry about bad actors/actresses *ehem*. Those three regulars were great! Ohno spoke a lot XD.. I need to get used to that hehe.. I may get tired of it later, but I'm totally intrigued by Enomoto's signature unlocking gesture :D. I find Toda's character very lovable.. She has "itchy" hands it seems.. she HAS to touch something wherever she is.. XD.. this habit brought troubles to other people (an accidentally locked strongroom) & herself... Don't get me start on Sato-san's character. He was SUPERB as Serizawa-sensei! (BTW, this character isn't in the original novels :D) I kept laughing when he said "As expected.. it's really is.. suicide, right.." It was so funny whenever he repeated the same thing at different occasions.. hehe.. Most of the funny parts are by Junko & Serizawa-sensei but Enomoto has his moments too (like when he said "I'll think about it now").. 

In one scene, Serizawa-sensei said: "I really HATE things like mystery novels & detective doramas.. [ ]  I don't get it why when those detectives knew who's the culprit, they have to say 'I can't reveal it now yet'... What the heck! Just reveal the truth straightaway! Say it, at that moment & place! Why do you have to waste more time!!!" I laughed hard when I saw this scene.... that scene seem to tell that this dorama will not be like the usual detective dorama. In the end, they only explain why the room is not a closed room.. the catching the criminal part is the police's job. 

But of course, Enomoto had to have such kind of lightbulb moment...

Enomoto: *lightbulb*... why didn't I realised this earlier?
Junko: What is it?
E: ...with this... the mystery of the closed room has been broken.
J: Eh? 
Serizawa: *surprised* How?
E: That... I will explain tomorrow.
J&S: .............
S: It finally appeared. Finally... the person I can't deal with most. Why must it be tomorrow? Say it here. Now!...

XD

This trio has potential, I can feel it. They fall naturally into their respective characters.  And having everyone work together to solve the case is a nice thing to have (well.. Enomoto still gets all the attention for solving those closed room mysteries). It makes me really look forward to future episodes (here's hoping that Sato-san won't be too busy with his lectureship - I want to watch more Serizawa! XD). Also. It might not look like it will, but I want something to happen between Enomoto & Junko :P.. It should be easy for Junko to fall in love with him.. but Enomoto.. *smile* ahh..that look that he gave her when Junko thanked him for his explanations when he's busy unlocking the strongroom give me hopes. lol.. speaking of that.. it was really funny when he asked her twice "Don't you understand? DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" Well..he didn't really scream out the second question.. he just emphasized what he said :P .. oh! I also like the part where Junko somewhat got interested with  Enomoto's padlock collection which resulted in he explaining again to her.

Ah.. and that smile in the end when Enomoto finally unlocked that ancient padlock.. <3 I've read comments by fans saying it's a Naruse smirk but I beg to differ! This is Enomoto's own "I did it" smirk... It's totally different (;-_-)

Have to point out something though... everything looked fine to me except some weird video editing.. was it intentional? Some scenes were cut off just like that.. it was noticeable because the music stopped abruptly.. *music stopped/black screen/new scene* (not talking about scenes where Enomoto said sth anticlimax "I didn't say anything about you being the culprit." XD) but I don't really have problem with that..yet. Hopefully I will not.


Nakamura Shido & Takashima Masahiro in Episode 2~ 
Can't wait for Monday already~!


p/s: Is five person enough to make a team for a leader-less VSA battle? :P