12 March 2012

Lucky Seven #1 & #2


Ratings (Kanto): 16.3% (#1), 16.9% (#2)

My ratings: 
1 | 3.5/5 (It was just "meh" for me)
2 | 4/5 (Loved the guest characters & that scene on bench at the end :'D)

Finally started watching this before the final episode air next week :P
This is going to be hard to review. I didn't have much expectations before watching. My expectations were pretty much at a neutral level. Something about Jun bugged me in the first episode. The character?...or his portrayal???  When I reached episode 2, I could see where they want this character to head to...but I'm not used to it yet.. maybe after a few more episodes. Maybe.

I have mixed feelings for the interaction between the Lucky Seven (L7) detectives. Excepting Shuntaro, everyone is supposed to be very familiar with each other. But sometimes it feels awkward when Oizumi & Naka's characters interact with other characters. Somewhat forced... & a bit unnatural? Eita & Matsushima fell right into their characters..though Matsushima didn't appear that much really. Her presence as their boss reminds me of her character in "Bijo ka Yajuu" (minus the aloofness). Eita portrays his character naturally. Nitta is my favourite character since the first episode.  

...and I'm skipping the synopses :P because my reviews usually are centered on my impression on that particular episode.